Tax Preparation

KNS Financial offers both Federal and State Tax Preparation Services to clients all across the nation. Clients who are not local (and even those who are), can choose to email their tax documents to our office.

From there we can complete the tax preparation via email and phone calls at our client’s convenience. If you are looking for assistance or information regarding taxes, please see our tax help page.

Authorized e-file Provider

Our Tax Preparation Services include (but are not limited to) the following:

  • Free electronic filing (e-file) for both your federal and state tax returns
  • Electronic (by either email or text message) Notifications of acceptance of your tax return at both the federal and state level, and anticipated refund date
  • Direct Deposit of your refund
  • A CD with electronic copies of both your return, and all of your supporting documentation
  • A summary page with all of the important tax information listed. No more digging through your old returns to fill out a loan or financial aid application
  • A summary page (optional) to help you complete a FAFSA
  • One free consultation to discuss your tax situation, including ways to increase your refund and to plan for the future
  • An electronic copy of your tax return and documents kept at our office
  • Free Spreadsheets to help you keep track of various credits and deductions throughout the year
  • Tax Preparation from a company that is available throughout the year – not just through April 15
  • Be kept up to date on all tax changes via our RSS Feed, or our email updates (optional)

Please contact us using the form below:

Only inquiries regarding taxes will be addressed here; if you have a question about our consulting services, advertising on the website, or any other general topic, please use the form on our contact us page!

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Subject (required)

Your Message


Below you will find standard pricing for our tax preparation services:

$65 ($50 for Students) if you file Form 1040EZ:

  • Your taxable income is below $100,000
  • Your filing status is Single or Married Filing Jointly
  • You and your spouse – if married — are under age 65 and not blind
  • You are not claiming any dependents
  • Your interest income is $1,500 or less

$85 if you file Form 1040A:

  • Your taxable income is below $100,000
  • You have capital gain distributions
  • You claim certain tax credits
  • You claim adjustments to income for IRA contributions and student loan interest

$115 if you file Form 1040:

  • Your taxable income is $100,000 or more
  • You claim itemized deductions
  • You are reporting self-employment income
  • You are reporting income from sale of property

$75-$150 for Schedule C:

  • This form is used for Self Employed and Independent Contractor (1099) returns
  • All income and expenses must be presented in a clear and organized manner
  • The price is dependent upon the number of sources of income, and the level of organization of the income/expense documentation

$125 for all Amended Returns

Documents We Will Need From You For Tax Preparation:

Below are the most common items that we need from our clients in order to complete their tax returns. By having these items with you during our first meeting, it will help us to avoid any delays in processing your 2011 tax return.

Also be sure to read the article at the end of this list for additional questions that you will need to answer in order to ensure an accurate return. Please review all documentation beforehand for accuracy, and keep in mind that many of these items will not apply to everyone.

  • Marital Status
  • Birth date (including year)
  • All sources of income with proper documentation. This includes:
    • Wages and Salaries (W-2)
    • Interest and Dividends (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID)
    • Prior Year State & Local Refunds (1099-G)
    • Alimony Received
    • Capital Gains & Losses
    • Rent and Royalties
    • Unemployment Compensation
    • Any other Miscellaneous Income
  • Number of dependents. Also include the following:
    • Birth date, relationship, social security number
    • Total costs with proper documentation (including name, address and EIN or SSN of the care provider)
    • Also specify where the dependent lived, and what percentage of their financial care you provided
  • Housing Costs:
    • If you are a homeowner, please provide Form 1098 from your Mortgage company showing total Interest & Taxes paid in 2011. If you pay your Property Taxes directly, please provide a year-end statement from your County Clerk’s Office.
    • If you are a tenant, please provide the total rent paid in 2011. Please provide a copy of either receipts or your canceled checks with this return. Please also indicate if you lived at multiple addresses during the year, and how many days you lived at each one.
  • 2010 Tax Return
  • 2010 Tax Preparation Fees
  • Higher Education Expenses:
    • Out-of-pocket Tuition & Fees – please include Form 1098T
    • Total Student Loan Interest – please include Form 1098E
    • Click here for more information on Higher Education Expenses
  • Total out-of-pocket Medical Expenses – need proper documentation
  • Total IRA Contributions
  • Any charitable contributions
    • Please provide documentation for all donations. For any cash donation over $250, please provide a statement from the charitable organization. See here for more information.
  • Unreimbursed Job Expenses (Union Dues, training, certifications/licenses, etc.)
  • Investment Expenses – include any safe deposit box fees, fees for financial advice or early redemption fees.

Please see this article for more preparation.