Since today is the deadline for both filing and paying your 2009 taxes, I figured it would be a good time to look recap some of the more popular topics that we have written about this year. So, here we go:
- First, you need to determine if you should file a tax return, even if you do not think it is necessary. Read this article for more information – http://knsfinancial.com/2010/01/27/should-i-file-a-tax-return/
- Need to know what type of income is taxable? http://knsfinancial.com/2010/02/08/what-income-does-the-irs-consider-to-be-taxable/
- Owe the IRS money? Then this is a MUST READ! http://knsfinancial.com/2010/04/13/owe-the-irs-money/
- If you need to file for an extension read here – http://knsfinancial.com/2010/04/12/need-more-time-to-file-your-tax-return-request-an-extension/
- However, if you are a taxpayer in New Jersey, you may have received an automatic extension of your deadline. This is due to the recent storms and flooding that hit certain counties in the state. Read this article to find out if you quality – http://knsfinancial.com/2010/04/07/many-new-jersey-residents-will-have-until-may-11th-to-file-their-tax-return/
- If you decide against filing for an extension and are going to rush and beat the normal deadline, please read this article for common errors to avoid – http://knsfinancial.com/2010/04/08/common-errors-to-avoid-at-tax-time/
- One of the most common errors that the IRS is reporting is with the Making Work Pay credit. Read this article for assistance – http://knsfinancial.com/2010/02/02/understanding-the-making-work-pay-tax-credit/
- Trouble figuring out if you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)? http://knsfinancial.com/2010/02/05/a-few-basic-facts-about-the-earned-income-tax-credit-eitc/
- Make sure that are not subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)! http://knsfinancial.com/2010/04/12/understanding-the-alternative-minimum-tax/
- Misplaced a past tax return? Here’s what you can do –
- The IRS currently has over $1.3 BILLION that it must pay out by TODAY! Find out if some of that is yours! –
If you have any questions about any of these topics please post them under the appropriate article.
To schedule your appointment with KNS Financial for tax preparation, please send an email to email@example.com or use our contact form located here: http://knsfinancial.com/contact-us/
Enter your email address to receive updates from KNS Financial:
Or, to subscribe to our RSS Feed click here.