How To Find Internal Revenue Service Tax Forms

by Khaleef Crumbley on February 9, 2011

in Taxes

Internal Revenue Service Tax Forms

In discussing which of the free tax forms you should use, we mentioned that the IRS has stopped mailing out paper tax packages. Because of this, tracking down Internal Revenue Service tax forms can be a bit of a chore.

Thankfully, the Internal Revenue Service tax forms and publications can be found in a number of places for your convenience. So when it comes time for you to file an income tax return, you’ll be ready.

The IRS recently released a bulletin outlining four easy ways to track down these free tax forms:

How To Find Internal Revenue Service Tax Forms

  1. On the Internet – You can access forms and publications on the IRS website 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

  2. Taxpayer Assistance Centers – There are 401 TACs across the country where IRS offers face-to-face assistance to taxpayers, and where taxpayers can pick up many IRS forms and publications. Visit the IRS website and go to Contact My Local Office on the Individuals page to find a list of TAC locations by state. On the Contact My Local Office page, you can also select TAC Site Search and enter your zip code to find the IRS walk-in office nearest you as well as a list of the services available at specific offices.

  3. At Convenient Locations in Your Community – During the tax filing season, many libraries and post offices offer free tax forms to taxpayers. Some libraries also have copies of commonly requested publications. Many large grocery stores, copy centers and office supply stores have forms you can photocopy or print from a CD.

  4. By Mail – You can call 1-800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676) Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 10:00 pm local time – except Alaska and Hawaii which follow Pacific time – to order current year forms, instructions and publications as well as prior year forms and instructions by mail. You will receive your order by mail, usually within 10 days.

Of course, if you come to KNS Financial for tax preparation, then you won’t have to worry about finding free tax forms!

Be sure you are aware of the tax filing delay, as well as the fact that the tax filing deadline has been extended this year. Also, you should know the IRA Contribution Limits, 401k Contribution Limits, and the Income Tax Rates for 2011!

photo by Arvind Balaraman

To Keep Up To Date With The Latest Tax News And Regulations, Sign Up For Our Email Updates:

TurboTax is Easy, Free Edition, Fast Refund

© 2011 – 2013, Khaleef Crumbley. All rights reserved.

Leave a Comment

Please note: Use of comments that are off-topic, personal attacks or contain profanity in the field below and/or any links, may be removed at my discretion. Also, by submitting a comment here you grant this site a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution.

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Barb Friedberg

I prepare our families 5 tax returns and for the Federal, I really appreciate the IRS dot gov website. There are excellent resources and the site is easy to navigate. In the past I have served as a volunteer tax preparer for the IRS (VITA) and it’s free if you meet certain income levels. Contact your local IRS for more info! REally important article Khaleef.


2 Lisa @ Cents To Save

Good information. I usually do my taxes on line.


{ 1 trackback }

Previous post:

Next post: